18 December, 2010

Christmas

It's close to Christmas and I ask myself every year what this means. We receive and give presents to people we love and some to people we don't love that much but still care about. Other times we offer presents for the plain obligation of the season.

I haven't asked anything for me this Christmas and I never do. It doesn't mean that much to me. However, there are some things I would like to 'receive' but it's not for me, but for the world.

Starting by all of us, who are too busy living our lives, perhaps focus a little less on ourselves and more on the people that are around us. This may sound like a cliché but it's still my wish and I know many more people's, nowadays.
Not only we can help during this season but throughout the whole year of 2011. Help someone close to us, either a member of the family, a friend or even strangers in need.

Perhaps we should become more aware of the world we live in and the scarcity of natural resources. In heaven they recycle (Nespresso commercial) and on Earth I recycle too. I do what's in my power to separate the different types of materials and put them into good and new use.

I wish all my friends and loved ones receive what they're asking for for Christmas. I wish they can see beyond their own needs and material desires and all of them try to become better, improve their own ways and become even greater. I also wish they value what they have and don't complain about not having one thing or another because I know we're all blessed with good things.
When somebody complains it makes me think of all the things one has and many people don't; so... please, stop it. If you want something don't complain but act in order to have or solve it.

For me.. I also wish I can become a better person with time.

No comments: